There are several great ways to participate in the Black Friday Comedy Marathon, and you don’t have to be a comedian – or even plan on attending the marathon – to be involved. Here are quick explanations and links so you can be involved!
1) PERFORM – You can Submit Your Act for possible inclusion in the marathon and a chance to perform on Philly Improv Theater’s stage!
2) PARTNER – If you own a small business in the Philadelphia Center City Business District you can fill out our Partner Your Business form to let us know you’d like to be a partner so we can get in touch and make arrangements we welcome all local retail small businesses, and you do not need to be a member of Center City District or any other organization to participate.
3) VOLUNTEER – If you feel like helping out around the theater at some point before, during, or after the marathon just visit our Volunteers page and get in touch with us. We need help distributing promo materials around town, dropping admission passes off to partner business, staffing the building through the marathon, and cleaning up the day after everything ends – you can do any of these things!
4) BUY LOCAL – Even if you can’t attend the marathon yourself, consider patronizing a partner local small business in Center City starting the Monday of Thanksgiving week and sharing your free admission pass with a friend, co-worker, or family member!
5) ATTEND – Come by at any point during the 36-hours the marathon is and stay for as long as you like having a laugh! Passes go on sale online on Monday, November 3rd at 12:00 p.m. (noon) and will also be available in person at our box office starting the morning of the marathon.